‘Customers who previously paid by Direct Debit will receive a letter in advance of payments recommencing, giving details of the new request Debt Management has sent to the bank. We will also write to all customers who previously repaid through deductions from wages, giving them the opportunity to set up an alternative repayment plan. All other customers will be notified by letter or Universal Credit journal entries, that are issued when deductions are taken from benefit, or repayment of a debt is due to start.’
‘As measures are taken across the country to ease restrictions, the department will gradually resume some review and reassessment activity which had been put on hold because of the Coronavirus outbreak. We will shortly be restarting review and renewal activity in PIP and DLA, starting with those claims which were already underway when this activity was suspended.’The DWP adds that –
- it will shortly be writing to some PIP and DLA claimants asking them to complete paperwork to resume their reviews, reassessments and renewals; and
- for PIP cases where paperwork has already been returned, claimants may be contacted by one of the DWP’s Assessment Providers.
‘This temporary suspension, initially brought in for three months to protect people from unnecessary risk of coronavirus at the outset of the pandemic, will remain in place following a consideration of the latest public health guidance. We will announce any changes to this in due course.’
How we can help:
We help make sure people get the welfare benefits they are entitled to. They include some of the most vulnerable members of society who are fearful and desperate after losing their only source of income.
We provide specialist advice, assistance and representation on all aspects of welfare benefits law to residents of Tower Hamlets, including:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Carer’s Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Universal Credit
We offer help with appeals, and representation at first and second tier tribunals, but we can’t help with form-filling.
Contact us by phone or email to see if we can help you and make an appointment.